Corporate Image Management is one of the most potent marketing and management tools available for the use of senior executives. Progressive corporate leaders will want to use this new discipline to drive their organisations in today’s increasingly competitive markets.
The corporate image communicates the organisation’s mission, the professionalism of its leadership, the calibre of its employees, and its roles within the marketing environment or political landscape. Historically, thinking and writing about the subject of corporate image has come from the area of graphic design. This approach no longer suits the global, dynamic, cross-border, and cross-cultural world in which many of today’s businesses and organizations compete.
In his book Corporate Image Management: A Marketing Discipline for the 21st Century, marketing consultant Steven Howard describes the discipline that will be a key to successful marketing well into the next century. His thinking on this subject forms the basis for this seminar, which is illustrated with case stories from Singapore Airlines, MasterCard International, Amazon.com, General Motors, Toyota, Mandarin Oriental Jakarta, and many others.
On the subject of branding, Steven Howard will explore the requirements for effective and strong branding, identifying the differences between brands and products, the value of branding, branding strategies, and how to prevent branding errors. He will also cover the topical issue “are brands dying?”
- understanding the impact of the organization’s corporate image on its long-term success,
- understanding how the corporate image directly impacts the organization’s ability to build long-term, mutually rewarding relationships with customers,
- identify the requirements for effective and strong corporate branding,
- realizing that branding is only one level of marketing excellence, and is not the final goal
- why relationship marketing is one of the keys for future marketing success.
Creating Powerful Corporate Brands
Brands as an Asset
- What is a brand?
- Value of branding
- Branding Model
- Creating compelling ideas
Brands – The Power of Positioning
- What is Branding?
- How do Brands and Products Differ?
- Are Brands Dying?
- Should You Brand?
- Requirements for Successful Branding
- Yin & Yang of Branding
Creating Ultimate Brands
- 8 rules for creating Ultimate Brands
- Consumers’ perceptions and expectations of added value
- Brands as a risk reducer
Managing Powerful Brands
- 5 criteria for creating and managing Brand Equity
- Brand Extension Strategies
- Branding as a Customer Anti-Attrition Tool
- Creating and maintaining customer loyalty through branding
- No such thing as a commodity product
- Defining your difference
- 4Ds of effective positioning
- Communicating points of differentiation
- Creating customer excitement
Leveraging Your Corporate Brand
- Corporate Image as a Strategic Weapon
- The 5th “P” of Marketing
- Power of the Corporate Brand
- Importance of the Corporate Image on Relationship Building